Using the correct frequency makes a world of diﬀerence when locating buried utilities. The depth of the utility, size, material, and amount of congestion (proximity of other utilities) all need to be taken into consideration for the correct frequency selection. Large diameter, direct buried pipes with bell housing ends that use insulators and rubber gaskets, such as water or gas require a higher frequency while smaller diameter, well-grounded direct buried or long distance in conduits work, better with a lower frequency.
The VM-850 operates at a much lower frequency of 9.82kHz which is ideal for smaller diameter utilities such as CATV, power and telephone with less bleeding onto adjacent services.
Distance Sensitive Left/Right GuidanceTM
This feature enables the locator to ﬁnd which antenna is receiving the strongest signal and therefore indicate which direction one should move to be over the buried line.
- Simple – Single button operation
- Intuitive – Distance Sensitive Left/Right GuidanceTM
- Eﬃcient – “Real Time” fully automatic gain
- Accurate – Depth and current readout
- Compact – Lightweight rugged design
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery – Li-ion battery in the VM-850 transmitter